1. Apply only with recruitment agencies licensed by the POEA. To check if an agency’s license is valid and active, visit the POEA website: www.poea.gov.ph
2. Transact only with the recruitment agency’s personnel duly-registered with the POEA.
4. Note the countries of destination and occupations covered by a NO-PLACEMENT FEE policy.
- Household service workers or domestic workers
- Technical intern trainees and live-out housekeepers for Japan
- H2B visa holders for USA and Guam
- Workers for Canada; Israel; Ireland; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; United Kingdom
5. If applying for an occupation or a destination country allowing Placement fee-charging, the amount is equivalent to no more than a worker’s 1-month basic salary.
It is payable to the agency’s authorized cashier and only after a worker has signed a POEA-approved Employment Contract
6. Avoid entities/companies or individuals offering job opportunities requiring you to send or remit payment immediately for processing fee or other job application costs
Remember that only POEA-licensed recruitment agencies are authorized to recruit and transact with applicants about overseas employment.
7. Do not transact overseas job application process with training centers, travel agents, consultancy offices or other unauthorized agencies or individuals.
8. Never accept any job offer promising to use tourist/visit visa. Always look for a valid work permit/employment visa.
9. Be wary of job offers on the INTERNET/SOCIAL MEDIA. The modus of scammers and illegal recruiters in FACEBOOK is to use click baits and job postings requiring candidates to “PM” inquiries or “comment Yes” to apply.
10. When dealing with government offices, transact directly and only with their officers or employees – do not deal with “fixers”.
11. If you encountered any fixers, agents and illegal recruiters please report immediately to POEA Hot Line: (8) 722-1144, (8) 722-1155 or (8) 721-9491.