What is UMID?
The Unified Multi-Purpose ID or UMID was implemented by the Philippine Government in 2010. It is meant to make it simpler for services to be available to Filipino citizens by having a single identification for SSS/GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-ibig fund or HDMF (Home Development Mutual Fund).
How to Get a UMID ID:
1. Fill up the form found here: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=SSSForms_UMID_Application.pdf.
2. Bring the application form to your nearest SSS or GSIS office.
3. Your Photo, Signature, and Fingerprint will be taken.
4. Pay the necessary fees. UMID IDs are free but if you are replacing a lost card or an old SSS ID, you will have to pay 200 pesos.
5. Wait for the Card to be Delivered. This could take between one to three months.
6. Activate your UMID Card at the nearest SSS or GSIS kiosk when you receive it.
What are the IDs You Should Bring When Applying for UMID:
Bring one primary ID. Examples are Postal ID, Passport, Driver’s License.
Those who don’t have primary ID can bring any two of the following secondary ID:
PSA Birth Certificate, Company ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Voter’s ID, TIN.
Benefits of having a UMID Card:
1. It allows you to check information about your SSS / GSIS benefits and contributions.
2. It also allows you to check the status of your loans.
3. It is considered a primary identification.
4. Unlike Passport and Driver’s License, the UMID card does not have an expiration date.
UMID ATM Card
You can also apply for a UMID ATM Card at Union Bank of the Philippines. This card will enable you to withdraw pensions and loans directly through ATM machines. This is more convenient and efficient than waiting for checks to be issued by the SSS or GSIS .