What is Balik-Manggagawa Online?
Balik-Manggawa Online is a web based program created by Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) to make it easier for Filipinos Working Abroad (OFWs) to get their OEC. It allows OFWs to avoid long lines at the POEA office. It also allows OFWs to apply for OEC at the comforts of their homes or wherever there is a computer and an internet connection.
How to apply for OEC through Balik-Manggagawa Online:
1. Visit https://www.bmonline.ph
2. Create an account by filling up the Sign Up form. Make sure that you have entered the correct email because this is where BMOnline will send a confirmation link.
3. Go to your email account.
4. Click the confirmation link.
5. Back at BMOnline, sign in to your BMOnline account.
6. Fill up the OEC form.
7. Make sure you indicate correctly your preferred date and the Philippine Regional Office where you will pickup the certificate.
What to Bring at the POEA Office When Claim Your OEC
1. A copy of the Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet that you filled up online.
2. Passport that is valid for atleast six months.
3. Employment Contract. Or a POLO or OWWA verified Offer of Employment. Or a payslip from your employer.
4. Airline Tickets
What is the Purpose of an OEC?
1. It serves as an Exit Pass when leaving the Philippines.
2. It gives an OFW exemption from travel tax and terminal fee at the airport.
3. It can also be used as a supporting document for personal loans and housing loans.
OEC is valid for 60 Days from starting from the date of Issuance.
The processing time is 10 to 15 minutes through Balik-Manggagawa Online.
You can be OEC exempted if you are returning to the same employer, you already have an OEC or POEA hired you directly.
OFWs hired directly through POEA do not need contract verification.